Rebel Life

When I had the idea to write this post, it got me racking my brain to see if I’d ever done anything rebellious. What would even count as rebellion? Defying my parents as a teenager? Getting into trouble at school? Going on an unplanned holiday or even spending a fortune on a designer bag without any regards to how I’ll afford rent the next month?

After trawling through all my memories, I came to the conclusion I’m a pretty mild gal. I don’t even like to cross the road unless it’s at a proper designated crossing and the man is beaming green. The reality is I don’t have a modicum of rebelliousness in me and for a while it felt that writing about being a rebel seemed false.

Charlotte Tilbury The Rebel eyeshadow palette

Charlotte Tilbury The Rebel eyeshadow palette

After nearly resigning myself to the fact that I’m a big wimp I thought hang on a minute, does being rebellious always have to involve danger or a negative outcome? I don’t think it does. You can be a rebel by being adventurous, doing something outside your comfort zone and these are the moments that we sometimes need to develop as a person. It’s what makes life more fun.

So for me, my act of rebellion is going to be experimenting more with my makeup and using colours I would never normally wear. Following a huge search through my collection with many nudes and golds making their appearance, I noticed apart from the couple penny sized pans in a palette I bought for the, yeah you guessed it, gold shades, I had no green eyeshadows.

Charlotte Tilbury The Rebel eyeshadow palette

Charlotte Tilbury The Rebel eyeshadow palette

Charlotte Tilbury The Rebel eyeshadow palette

Not that I ever really needed an excuse to get more makeup but this was the perfect opportunity to dip my toes into the world of Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow quads and what could be more perfect to enhance my rebel side than with this emerald beauty aptly named The Rebel.

The Rebel features four colour-coded shades perfect for the brave and bold within us. A collection of olive and peacock greens and teals that can be combined to create a dramatic eye look finished off with that all important sparkle of rose gold.

The packaging is of course the classic Tilbury burgundy with metallic rose trim that adds a serious luxurious element to this eyeshadow quad. The size and internal mirror also makes it ideal for travelling.

Charlotte Tilbury The Rebel eyeshadow palette

Charlotte Tilbury The Rebel eyeshadow palette

Charlotte Tilbury The Rebel eyeshadow palette

Swatch wise, the rose gold and light green shimmer are very pigmented and easy to blend. The dark teal takes a little more time to build up to the same colour payoff and as you may see from my swatch is ever so slightly patchy in places compared to the first two shades. However, it’s actually my favourite out of the four as it really makes my deep brown eyes pop.

The last shade in the quad is not so much a shimmer finish but an emerald green with pressed glitter and golden flecks running throughout. Applied directly I don’t get a lot of pigmentation, so I do prefer to use a damp brush or my finger to press this onto my eyelid to get the full sparkle impact of this jewelled eyeshadow.

Charlotte Tilbury The Rebel eyeshadow palette

Charlotte Tilbury The Rebel eyeshadow palette

Charlotte Tilbury The Rebel eyeshadow palette

Charlotte Tilbury The Rebel eyeshadow palette and Kim K W lipstick

At £39 for The Rebel, this palette certainly isn’t cheap and you may need to add it to the list of rebellious activities for you to justify the purchase. I was lucky enough to win a Feel Unique competition last summer and chose this as part of my prize so I didn’t buy this palette with my own money and unfortunately I don’t have the funds to be buying palettes like this on the regular! It’s a gorgeous set of shades that I have never really come across in other brands and that alone may mean you need to include it in your wish list.

Personally, I like to pair this palette with a classic nude lip like the Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick in the shade Kim K W. I may not be daring enough for a bright lippy but I will channel my inner rock chick with a green smokey eye and glamourous nude pout. Look out world, B has found her rebellious streak and is doing it Tilbury style.

Is it time for you to live the rebel life?,

1. January 1, 2018 / 4:02 pm

These shadows are so pretty! Like yourself, I only ever stick to nudes and golds. I would love the idea of be brave enough to try different colours but not sure I could pull them off! xx

2. January 1, 2018 / 4:14 pm

I love the look you’re wearing! The Charlotte Tilbury quad palette looks beautiful. x

amerzwithlove.com

3. January 1, 2018 / 4:34 pm

I love this! Being rebellious definietly doesn’t have to involve danger, I so agree! It’s stepping out your comfort zone, doing things you never would normally. I love the look you have created, the colours are just stunning to say the least. I never experiment with eye makeup but maybe I should. Happy New year!

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

4. January 2, 2018 / 5:02 am

That eye look is stunning!! I agree, using fun colors and doing singing outside your comfort zone is still rebellious!

5. January 5, 2018 / 8:08 pm

I absolutely love Charlotte Tilbury! This palette looks absolutely gorgeous, I love the colours!

Alys / alysgeorge.blogspot.co.uk

6. January 5, 2018 / 8:16 pm

oh em gee it is defo the time! Loving the shades of that palette! it looks so so amazing on you! and the whole CT range is stunning! xx corinne

7. January 5, 2018 / 8:20 pm

yas yas yas!!! I did a post with this palette a little while ago and I remember you commenting that you wanted to get it! Soooo glad you did – I loveeee this look! They’re just the prettiest green shades, right? I love how the focus really is on the eyes in your look with the rest of the makeup being a lot more nude. Just beautiful! x

8. January 5, 2018 / 8:22 pm

Hi, its good sometimes good to step out of your comfort zone. The Charlotte Tilbury colours are fab.

9. January 5, 2018 / 8:35 pm

I totally resonate with you! I’m quite a ‘good girl’ and don’t ever really rebel but indeed you can be rebellious in so many more ways than just be very dangerous and adventurous! The quad looks amazing and I absolutely love your swatches!!

Sarah
    sarahaurorax.wordpress.com

10. January 5, 2018 / 8:51 pm

Your photography is amazing, all of your pictures are so bright and well layed out! The Charlotte Tilbury palette is so gorgeous too x

11. January 5, 2018 / 8:52 pm

What a gorgeous palette! I bloody love those shades and it looks absolutely stunning on you aswell. I definitely think you should be rebellious with makeup more often, it suits you! 🙂
    Alice Xx

12. Heather McLeish
    January 5, 2018 / 9:07 pm

The eyeshadow quad and the look you have created are both absolutely stunning, the green really does make your brown eyes pop! Be more rebellious, you are absolutely beautiful!

Heather xox || http://www.xhighlandbeauty.co.uk

13. January 5, 2018 / 9:19 pm

I feel exactly the same I’ve never been very rebellious. I love the look you created! and the CT palette is stunning. I always forget how pretty green eyeshadow looks, I need to wear it more as well x Brynn

14. January 5, 2018 / 10:05 pm

Your photos are gorgeous!! I agree that being rebellious doesn’t always have to mean doing something “bad”, it can be rebelling against your own anxieties or preconceived notions 🙂 x

15. January 5, 2018 / 11:15 pm

Wow I love this palette! It looks absolutely stunning on you. And not gonna lie, I’m a pretty mild gal too (I go for Peritamer at Nando’s, so).

Marty xo

ps: your display photo on the right is amazing! gorgeous lips gal x

16. January 22, 2018 / 12:42 pm

Your photography is so on point! Love it!