I’ve always liked the idea of being a princess or a queen, mostly because I’ve always wanted to wear a crown, huge sparkling diamonds, rich rubies and deep violet amethysts all in a gorgeous golden halo. Yes please.
Unfortunately, now that Harry is taken, good on ya Meghan, my already slim chance of being real royalty is over but that wasn’t going to stop me living out my dream and becoming Her Royal Highness for a day.
So if I was queen, how would I rule and more importantly what would I wear?
First, I’d have to wear something completely luxurious to go with my crown. I picked this golden flute sleeved top from Toast, which looks and feels like real spun gold. I paired this with an opulent purple with gold embroidery silk skirt also from Toast.
Of course as a queen I can never wear enough gold, so I finished off my look with these sandals from TK Maxx (every royal loves a good bargain), and a crown from the Amazon gods.
As queen, my makeup needs to be perfect too and only one eyeshadow palette will do, the Queen of Hearts palette by Coloured Raine.
I am a big fan of warm eyeshadows and this one certainly ticks the box. As well as gorgeous orange and bronze shades, this palette is filled with jewel tones in a variety of finishes. A mix of mattes, glitters and metallics, it is the jewellery box of eyeshadows. The pigmentation and blend-ability is incredible regardless of finish and the matte shades are so buttery they rival those in the ABH cult palette Modern Renaissance.
It takes very little effort to get a high opacity finish with little fallout, especially from the foil shades. Each shadow can easily be paired with any of the others making it extremely versatile, which for an eyeshadow magpie like myself makes it difficult to decide which ones to use and not just apply every shade at once.
The only criticism I have and it is a very small one, is that some of the shades, particularly Royal Highness (top row, 2nd) and Noblewoman (bottom row, 3rd) are more taupe on the skin than the mauve and red/purple tone you see in the pan.
The packaging itself is full on royal vibes and includes a mirror to top up your look wherever your chauffeur driven car (that’s the bus for me) takes you!
Now my royal look is complete, it’s time to set out my royal rules:
- Three day weekend. Obviously.
- Pizza would be a compulsory meal at least once a week.
- Hats. I want hats to be a thing again. I don’t have good enough hair to cope with the British weather.
- I am allowed to borrow anyone’s pet dog for as long as I want, preferably a sausage dog, but any dog will make me happy.
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes and other festive drinks will be in coffee shops all year round.
- Optional nap time at work whenever you want.
- I’d bring flip phones back. I miss my Motorola.
- All children must be brought up having listened to all the Spice Girls albums.
- A Sephora in every major city.
- More pizza.
and of course my ultimate rule, World Peace.
Disguise of the Day:
Shoes: TK Maxx