The Fragrance of Christmas

I adore Christmas. I’m not ashamed to admit I am one of those people that the second Halloween is over I’m itching to get the decorations out. As soon as it hits November, it’s goodbye PSL and hello Caffe Nero festive clementine latte (I’ve had one pretty much every day since they came out). I love the fact you still get to dress cosy and warm but with as much red, green and gold as you can muster and don’t even get me started on a roast goose with ALL the trimmings. Christmas is the best and basically, I’ve come to realise that the recipe for a really good Christmas has to include the four F’s:

Family, Friends, Food and Fragrance.

For me, fragrance is a big part of creating that perfect festive atmosphere. The fresh scent of pine when putting up the tree, the crisp winter air, the delicate mix of spice in your mulled *insert any beverage here* or a gorgeous candle that fills your house with Christmas scent. Candles are a great way to give your festivities a little something extra and this year my candle of choice has to be an Owen Drew Candle. I’ve spoken about these amazing luxury candles in a previous post here and this time I have been trying out some of the candles from the new Christmas collection.

Owen Drew Luxury Vegan Candles Christmas Collection

Owen Drew Luxury Vegan Candles Christmas Collection

Owen Drew Luxury Vegan Candles Christmas Collection

Christmas Spice.

Just like Mariah Carey, this candle is a true Christmas classic. With notes of fresh orange and spicy cinnamon enveloped in velvety vanilla, it really is the festive season all combined in one candle. I’ve had this burning nearly every night since I received it and there is no doubt it is getting me in the spirit of things. I cannot wait to get my Christmas outfit (of course there’s an outfit) from the wardrobe, bring down the decorations and decorate my tree with the scent of Christmas Spice filling the air. Having this Christmas Spice candle gently burning in the background may even make putting crosses into what seems like millions of sprouts for the Christmas feast so much more fun.

The one thing that I particularly love about Owen Drew Candles is that they have powerful fragrances without being fake. So many candles I’ve tried from other brands, especially seasonal ones, often have a whiff of chemicals about them and don’t even smell anything like what they are supposed to be. Christmas Spice smells so natural you could close your eyes and truly believe you were standing in an authentic Christmas market all the way in Germany. Perfect.

Owen Drew Luxury Vegan Candles Christmas Collection Christmas Spice

Owen Drew Luxury Vegan Candles Christmas Collection Christmas Spice

Owen Drew Candles Christmas Collection Christmas Spice

Mulled Pear & Cranberry

All the craziness that comes with Christmas can make it hard to relax and unwind. So this year once I’m done getting all the bits of sellotape off me from wrapping presents,  I am going to take time that is just for me. A glass of mulled wine along with a mince pie or two and I am going to curl up in an armchair, light my Mulled Pear & Cranberry candle and get cosy with a good book.

The Mulled Pear & Cranberry candle smells beautiful when lit. It is a particular favourite of my mum’s, who says she feels like she’s stepping into a luxury spa when she smells this candle. If you’re a fan of fruity fragrances this one is for you. The sweetness of pear is combined with tart cranberry so it’s not too sweet and with the warm notes of mulled spice, the scent of this candle really is like diving into a mug of pure mulled Christmas.

Owen Drew Luxury Vegan Candles Christmas Collection Mulled Pear & Cranberry

Owen Drew Luxury Vegan Candles Christmas Collection Mulled Pear & Cranberry

Owen Drew Luxury Vegan Candles Christmas Collection Mulled Pear & Cranberry

Owen Drew Luxury Vegan Candles Christmas Collection Mulled Pear & Cranberry

Of course as with Owen Drew Candles main collection these hand-crafted artisan candles are 100% vegan, made from pure soy wax with essential oils. Each one burns for over 40 hours with a unique wooden wick that crackles when burning for that extra cosy experience. They produce no soot or smoke, so the only thing you need to worry about damaging your house or health this Christmas is the family game of Monopoly. Plus for £25 they make a perfect Christmas gift for friends, family and especially yourself.

Get your Christmas fragrance on!

*These candles were sent for review purposes but I always give an honest review, where all opinions and views are 100% my own. You know me, I’d never want people to spend their money on something that wasn’t worth it!

1. November 19, 2017 / 8:24 pm

the candles look amazing! so simple yet so chic! they look so high end! I need to get more candles but I am moving out of my flat, so i’ll probably do that after I move into the new flat ahah xx corinne

December 3, 2017 / 6:17 am

Congrats on the move to a new flat! Candles for a new place are a must. Very blogger haha xx

2. Heather McLeish
    November 19, 2017 / 8:26 pm

The Mulled Pear and Cranberry candle sounds absolutely lovely, I do love a pear smell. Such beautiful photos as well. Never heard of this brand before, surprising as I’m a huge candle lover!

Heather xox || http://www.xhighlandbeauty.co.uk

3. November 19, 2017 / 8:31 pm

I lit my black cherry scented candle this afternoon whilst I was working on blog content for Christmas and I was in such a Christmassy mood! My mum has tonnes of candles around the house and I always want to steal them for my bedroom. This looks like a good Christmas fragrance gift!
    Lois x

December 3, 2017 / 6:16 am

Oooo Black Cherry sounds incredible. I used to do the same with my mum’s candles! She always used to have amazing ones and now she steals my Owen Drew Candles xx

4. November 19, 2017 / 8:38 pm

Oh my these sounds amazing! I absolutely love candles, I have a pretty massive collection but I’ve never tried any from this brand! The mulled pear and cranberry candle in particular sounds just like the sort I’d go for! I must look into this brand!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

December 3, 2017 / 6:15 am

They really are fab candles. I genuinely think you can never have too many candles. It’s just not possible, especially for Christmas. Plus with the amount of lipsticks and makeup brushes I have, when the candles are finished they make perfect holders xx

5. November 19, 2017 / 8:53 pm

Ahh I do love me a good festive candle😍 I love the way you’ve described the scents, it almost feels like you can smell them through the screen!xx

6. Travis Lee
    November 19, 2017 / 9:28 pm

I love Christmas..and all the smells! We love candles. We have too many candles if that is even a thing? Lol. We will have to give these a try. I am sure my wife would love these! Thank you for sharing!!

7. November 19, 2017 / 9:43 pm

These look amazing! The design is so simple but so effective! And I love the line ‘just like Mariah Carey’, I had a little giggle! I’ve got a big Yankee candle Christmas cookie to burn this year and I’m so exited to start!

Liz x

8. November 19, 2017 / 10:10 pm

I love candles but I’m not really a fan of the Christmas ones, I prefer fresher scents. I am however all about a Caffe Nero clementine hot chocolate, they’re to die for!!

Sophie

December 3, 2017 / 6:10 am

Yeah I completely understand those sort of classic Christmas scents aren’t for everyone. Owen Drew Candles actually have a Carols by Candlelight candle as part of the Christmas collection and it’s a lovely fresh scent, with a hint of pine. It’s my Stepdad’s favourite because he says it feels more natural.
      Omg yes! love a clementine latte. Wish they still had the raspberry one from a couple years a go too but everything is caramel everything these days. xx

9. November 19, 2017 / 10:26 pm

These candles look dreamy! I think my favourite would probably be the christmas spice. I just love the scent of cinnamon!
    x

December 3, 2017 / 6:07 am

Me too. It really does have that classic Christmas scent. I may even continue using it after Christmas as it smells so good! xx