10 Years

This time last week on the 1st of October I turned 28.

28! Maybe if I spell it out in actual words it will finally sink in…

Twenty Eight.

Nope I still can’t believe it. I just took a moment to calculate it, as for a split second I thought I was wrong and I was actually 27.

Birthday celebrations by Liverpool Albert docks, Hobbs coat

Hobbs trench coat, United colours of Benetton, New Look shoes, Accessorize bag

It’s been ten years since I turned 18, an adult.

Like many of us, turning 18 made me feel so grown up. Being able to drink, vote and start dreaming about all the stuff I’m going to do now I no longer needed to worry about making sure my high school tie was tied as small as possible because “that’s what cool people do”.

Ahhhh yes my 18 year old self definitely thought by 28 I would have this thing called life sussed. Perfect job, my own house, marriage and kids.

Even though I don’t have any of those things ticked off (although I’d argue that my lipsticks are my babies), I couldn’t be happier than I am right now. Between, science research, blogging, the most amazing friends and an ever supporting family, I feel like the luckiest 28 year old in the world. What’s even better, I’m doing it all in the Pool of Life.

Yes, it’s been a decade since I became an adult, the exact length of time since I moved to one of the most amazing cities, Liverpool.

Hobbs trench coat, gap t-shirt, united colours of Benetton jeans, new look heels

Accessorize bag with faux fur strap

New Look olive green suede heels

Ahh Liverpool. You are perfect.

Fantastic shops including my beloved Harvey Nichols Beauty Bazaar, the friendliest people (seriously Scousers have the best banter just the other day the train driver was talking over the speaker as if he was a plane captain saying how if we end up in the pacific ocean there is a dinghy underneath our seats), secret bars where you can drink yummy Liverpool Gin as well as the perfect place for afternoon tea to celebrate my birthday.

Cuthbert’s Bakehouse really know how to do an afternoon tea. Sandwiches for when you want to go classic, to something a little different with mini burgers and hot dogs. They also have veggie and vegan versions and over the years I have made my way through them all. Well all except the children’s afternoon tea but even that sounds so delish I’d eat that too.

Cuthbert's Bakery brownies, Liverpool

Cuthbert's bakery afternoon tea, Liverpool

Cuthbert's bakery afternoon tea, Liverpool

Of course, a celebration wouldn’t be complete without a trip to the Liver building. So a quick top up of my favourite Girlactik liquid lipstick in Spice and I was strutting my stuff down by the docks next to that proud Liver bird.

Btw I’m pretty obsessed with this coat. I mean look! I’m wearing a plain white t-shirt and jeans, but then I add a trench coat and voila it instantly elevates the whole outfit. I honestly think you could wear a bin bag and a trench coat would make it look chic. Plus, the extra length keeps me toasty warm now we are officially in my favourite season. Autumn.

Hobbs trench coat, gap t-shirt, new look high heels, liver building Liverpool

new look olive suede high heels

accessorize handbag, girlactik matte liquid lipstick in spice

Hobbs trench coat, gap t-shirt, new look high heels, liver building Liverpool

Hobbs trench coat, gap t-shirt, Liverpool

Outfit:

T-shirt – Gap

Jeans – United Colours of Benetton

Shoes – New Look

Coat – Hobbs

Bag – Accessorize

Watch – Olivia Burton

Necklace – Miss Selfridge

Ten years.

I can’t wait to see what the next decade brings (38 eeeeek!).

p.s. I’m wearing my new Fenty Beauty foundation and I am obsessed!! All day, from the warmth of Cuthbert’s to the windy weather by the docks, it has stayed strong.

1. Shazzabella
    October 8, 2017 / 8:45 am

This made me smile from start to finish. I absolutely love your happy outlook to life lovely. You are truly beautiful inside & out, keep being you. Totally agree Liverpool is amazing it’s my second favs city next to my hometown. I really must visit again soon xx

October 8, 2017 / 10:25 am

Thank you so much. It’s not always easy but I think well if I’m negative what good is it going to do but if I’m positive even about a bad situation then hopefully it won’t seem as bad.
      Definitely! If you ever do give me a message and we can go for coffee! xx

2. October 8, 2017 / 7:16 pm

This is such a cute little post it really put a smile on my face! You look amazing and honestly hearing you were 28 was a bit of a shock 😂 Hope you had an amazing birthday

Ellie

October 15, 2017 / 8:26 pm

Thank you! I’m sure it’s all the makeup that hides the fact I’m not far off 30 haha xx

3. October 8, 2017 / 7:21 pm

Well, happy belated birthday! I think each year that goes is a gift full of lessons and discoveries. Even the bad situations can have positive turns out. Time goes so fast, it is crazy, we have to make the most of it! I am in love with your bag and shoes! xx corinne

October 15, 2017 / 8:28 pm

Thank you! Totally agree. At the time bad situations always seem awful but like you said there is always a positive to look at. The shoes and bag are my favourite! especially when I got 20% student discount xx

4. October 8, 2017 / 7:48 pm

Loved reading every bit of this post, it’s just fab! I’m 24 now and feel exactly the same way, and also have none of these ticked off, but should we feel bad about it? Absolutely not, they’ll happen when they’re meant to happen. Your bag is beautiful, I love your photos! 😍 fab post 😊 Laura x

October 15, 2017 / 8:30 pm

Exactly! there really is no reason to feel bad for not having all these thing that we are “supposed” to have done ticked off yet. I’m just going at my own pace and enjoying doing all the things I love and like you said things will happen when they are meant to. xx

5. October 8, 2017 / 8:35 pm

You’re 28?! No way!! You don’t look it! (In a good way hehe) you look stunning in all these photos, and you’re right, that trench coat totally makes a chill outfit look amazing! I hope I’m as happy as you at 28!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

October 15, 2017 / 8:32 pm

haha thank you! I’m actually quite a stressful/ emotional person so I think my trick to staying looking young is to express my feelings through my words (usually saying wtf 50 times a day) and not moving my face haha. I don’t need people giving me wrinkles! x

6. Parie
    October 9, 2017 / 8:46 pm

You look incredible in these pictures!! I love that handbag too – 🙂 x

October 15, 2017 / 8:33 pm

Thank you! It’s the Fenty Beauty foundation working its magic! The bag fits soooo much stuff in too. I carry it everywhere xx