An Artist needs tools!

As my makeup collection grows I’ve been focusing my attention on making sure I have the right tools to apply my makeup perfectly.

It’s been a long journey from having one small eyeshadow brush and a slightly bigger brush that I used for blush, bronze, powder, pretty much everything, but I have hunted high and low for the perfect beauty tools.

After all makeup is art and an artist needs tools!

Obviously, the main tools of an artist are brushes and I’m sure I don’t need to give you even three guesses to know that my brushes of choice have to be by Spectrum Collection.

Spectrum Collections Sexy Siren Brush Set

Spectrum Collections Sexy Siren Brush Set

Again, as everyone knows these brushes are so amazing I’ll try not to go on too much, so instead I’ll just put loads of pretty pictures and still tell you how great they are! I’ve had the Bombshell set for nearly a year now and more recently the Sexy Siren set pictured here and I still get them out just to look at them they are that pretty.
Better yet they are (deep breath) such good quality, super super soft, cruelty free, vegan friendly and an absolute bargain. The sexy siren set costs £89.99 which at first may sound like a lot of money but when you consider some brand sell just one brush for £40 and here you get twelve brushes plus the stunning brush roll it is a steal! Oh and did I mention they are really pretty?

Here are three of my particular favourites:

B01 In The Buff

Even though I use a foundation blender for my lighter liquid foundations, when it comes to my Rodial foundation I use the B01 to achieve a flawless airbrushed finish. This brush makes buffing foundation onto my skin a dream for beautifully even skin.

Spectrum Collections Sexy Siren Brush Set B01

Spectrum Collections Sexy Siren Brush Set B01

A05 Precision Blush

The cut of this brush makes it perfect for blush and that must be true because it rhymed. It allows you to apply your blusher more accurately and make sure you don’t end up with the rosy cheeks of a clown.

Spectrum Collections Sexy Siren Brush Set A05

Spectrum Collections Sexy Siren Brush Set A05

B06 Blending Friend

I love love love this brush. The name says it all, it is the best brush for blending eyeshadow. Not too big you blend your eyeshadow all around the top part of your face but the bristles a separated nicely so you can blend to your hearts content.

Spectrum Collections Sexy Siren Brush Set B06

As mentioned earlier I use a foundation sponge for my more liquid foundations and my top choice is by Basic Beauty Tools. The sponges are really soft and just the right porous texture that stops it from feeling like your bashing your face whilst applying makeup during those early morning hours before you’ve had coffee. They also have a flat edge that is great for baking and applying concealer as well as a pointed tip that allows you to get right in the inner corner of your eye without having to close it so you can see what your doing. Woohoo!

Basic Beauty Tools Spongedry foundation blender

Basic Beauty Tools foundation blender pink

Basic Beauty Tools foundation blender black

What’s even better is that Basic Beauty Tools are the geniuses behind the Spongedry. Before I got my Spongedry I used to keep my foundation sponge in the lid of a candle, not good. This simple tool allows you store your sponge wet or dry to keep your blender clean and hygienic. It even come with it’s own bag so you can take your Spongedry wherever you go whether that’s to the corner shop or the South Pole. The Spongedry does fit other brands but at £5.99 Basic Beauty Tools foundation blenders are all you need.

If you fancy getting your own Spongedry (trust me you need one), you can use the code ALOVEAFFAIR for 15% off all products at Basic Beauty Tools.

Oh and you best cancel any appointments you have for at least as hour because once you’re on Spectrum Collections website you won’t want to get off.

*This post contains products sent for review purposes but I always give an honest review, where all opinions and views are 100% my own.

1. August 9, 2017 / 7:09 pm

I remember the only brushes I owned at one point was the eyeshadow brush you get in the palette, and I used my fingers for foundation and that grosses me out a little now I have a whole set of brushes! This set of brushes are beautiful. It’s making me want to clean my own so they look this great!
    Lois x

August 15, 2017 / 8:38 pm

YES! and that little brush that came with blusher that would give you that 90s blush stripe look. Haha, yes they are freshly washed, they don’t normally look like this, I’m awful with washing my brushes. xx

2. August 9, 2017 / 7:19 pm

The spectrum brushes look amazing! The blender friend looks so good I’m always after more eyeshadow brushes! I’ve never ventured out of my comfort zone and gone for spectrum but I always hear such great things about them so maybe I should invest! You’re photography is so good these pictures are stunning

Ellie

August 15, 2017 / 8:39 pm

Definitely consider getting some. I did save up for my bombshell set but they are 100% worth it. You can tell they are well made and will last ages. xx

3. August 9, 2017 / 7:22 pm

Ohhhh the photography in this is absolutely beautiful!!! Spectrum brushes are absolutely stunning, I’m trying to justify the bridal set for my wedding!
    Hels xx

August 15, 2017 / 8:40 pm

Thank you! Although it’s not hard when the brushes are this pretty. Definitely get the bridal set! It’s a once in a lifetime occasion so you deserve them haha. xx

4. August 9, 2017 / 7:22 pm

OMG! First, your photography is amazing! Just stunning! Second, those brushes! They are so so pretty! I have heard so much of Spectrum brushes and I really start to know why

August 15, 2017 / 8:42 pm

Thank you so much. They really are fabulous brushes. I thought one set was enough but I just want them all!!!! x

5. August 9, 2017 / 7:25 pm

I’ve never tried spectrum brushes before but I’ve been seeing them EVERYWHERE! They look like such good quality brushes and it’s a plus that the designs they put out are gorgeous x

August 15, 2017 / 8:43 pm

Yes they are everywhere but they are definitely worth the hype. You can tell each brush style has had a lot of thought put into it and there is a style for everyone. xx

6. August 9, 2017 / 7:32 pm

I am so jealous of how beautiful your brush collection is. I’m utterly useless when it comes to brushes and makeup tools, but it definitely seems like something I should be investing in. I also love how you explained what each brush is for, because I would have been utterly lost!

Rachel | kyvbey.blogspot.com

August 15, 2017 / 8:45 pm

I used to know nothing about brushes and I am definitely still learning. I don’t always know what shape brush is for what but Spectrum explain really well and with practice and good brushes I feel I am getting better applying my makeup. xx

7. August 9, 2017 / 7:41 pm

Wow that’s a lot of brushes! I’ve mostly just used an eyeshadow brush and a bigger brush for powder, but I’ve recently discovered the joys of a beauty blender for foundation!

August 15, 2017 / 8:46 pm

Yes! I honestly don’t know what I did before getting a makeup sponge, apply my foundation with fingers probably but a sponge makes it an absolute doddle. xx

8. August 9, 2017 / 7:54 pm

The pictures speak for themselves – these look amazing! Heard so much about them I might just have to give into the hype soon ❤️

Morgan // http://www.justmorgs.com

August 15, 2017 / 8:47 pm

You won’t be disappointed if you do buy some, everything about them is just right from the design, style and quality. xx