Colourpop Sent Me Nudes

Don’t worry it wasn’t the sliding into my DMs unexpected kind of nudes, but my favourite kind in the form of eyeshadows and liquid lipsticks!

As part of my first ever Colourpop order, which you can read about here, I decided I simply must have the Simply Sand collection. I live for nude colour makeup, as I love a natural but ultra polished every day look, and this bundle included everything I could ever need to be the next Kimmy K.

First up is the eyeshadows.

This collection of four pressed powder eyeshadows is called Heavy Hitters, and includes 3 matte shades and one metallic.

Colourpop Heavy Hitters eyeshadows

From top to bottom:

Top Notch

Side Tracked

Ringer

Full Zip

Colourpop Heavy Hitters eyeshadow swatches

Colourpop’s pressed powders have a very different consistency to their super shock shadows, but the pigmentation is still amazing. These pressed powders have the texture of a normal eyeshadow, and just one swipe with my fingers revealed the pigmentation in the image above. There is very little fallout with all four eyeshadows, and together they would certainly create a gorgeous cohesive nude eye look. I am really impressed with the colour payoff of the three matte shadows, as I usually find matte to be quite chalky. I particularly like Ringer (gold metallic eyeshadow), and Side Tracked (terracotta shade with the smallest hint of gold glitter), as I don’t always like glittery eyeshadows, and think these would look flattering on all skin types.

Along with the eyeshadows, in the Simply Sand bundle you also receive the Phase 3 lip kit containing three liquid lipsticks, one of each of Colourpop’s famous finishes. None of these lipsticks has a scent which is great if your nose is quite sensitive, and all of them have a traditional doe-foot applicator.

Left to Right:

Ultra Satin Lip – Strip

Ultra Matte Lip – Knotty

Ultra Glossy Lip – Game On

Colourpop Nude Liquid Lipsticks

First up is the Ultra Glossy Lip in Game On.

I love Lip Gloss, especially ones that aren’t sticky, like this one, and give that really glossy almost wet look finish. In the tube Game On looks a lot more nude, but because my lips are quite pink naturally, they show through the gloss, making them look this really pretty nude pink. This is something to bare in mind if your lips have quite a lot of colour and you are looking for something more beige nude.

The staying power is of course not that long, but that is to be expected with a gloss, and I am quite happy to reapply throughout the day as it glides easily onto my lips. One thing I have noticed with this gloss is that it is best to scrub all the dry flaky skin off your lips first otherwise it tends to just sit in all the lines and not look very attractive.

Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lip Game On

Next, is the Ultra Matte Lip in Knotty.

This is what I would call your classic beige nude liquid lipstick. It applies like a dream and dries down to a full matte finish. In terms of dryness, I can definitely feel myself wearing it, however it is moderately comfortable to wear. The only issue I have noticed, is that if I really move my lips a lot it does crack a little bit. This could be an issue if wearing it for long periods of time, and especially if out and about where topping it up might only make the situation worse.

Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip Knotty

Finally, it is the Ultra Satin Lip in Strip. I LOVE Colourpop’s Satin finish lipsticks. To me they provide the level of matte I like, and are extremely comfortable to wear. As you can see, it has a very subtle gleam that mimics satin and the pigmentation is stunning. I think this colour really is unique, almost like honeyed caramel, and I think the overall look is very sophisticated.

Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip Strip

Unfortunately, Colourpop no longer sell this whole collection together, but you can buy the eyeshadows and lip kits separately, and for $12 and $18 respectively (that’s £9.38 and £14.07 for us Brits) it is still an absolute bargain.

So go get your nudes!,

1. June 25, 2017 / 7:07 pm

I have never tried colour pop but this nude collection looks incredible!

June 25, 2017 / 8:31 pm

This is my first Colourpop purchase and I am so impressed. Obviously there are a few teeny things that could be better that I mentioned but when you don’t have to pay silly money for this much makeup it’s amazing. xx

2. June 25, 2017 / 7:21 pm

Your pictures are fantastic! So so pretty! And the makeup… I never dared buy Colourpop because of the custom duties and delivery fee but seeing what you have… xx corinne

June 25, 2017 / 8:30 pm

Thank you so much! Yes I was the same for ages as I didn’t know if they were going to be worth it with who knows how much custom charge they would add. However, waiting for the free international shipping was definitely the way forward and I ended up with no fees to pay at all! I don’t think that happens often as I have been charged loads for stuff from America before, but thinking about it, even if there had of been a custom fee I would still say it was worth it. xx

3. June 25, 2017 / 7:24 pm

These lipsticks are so gorgeous and the colours are right up my street! Great review x

June 25, 2017 / 8:27 pm

I was so glad to see all three were so different once applied, as I would have been disappointed if they were basically the same shade but one gloss and one matte. I just think all of them are so versatile and such a bargain! xx

4. June 25, 2017 / 7:50 pm

Lovely post Hun, and I’m loving the Colorpop. Really need to get some bits from the brand.
    H x

June 25, 2017 / 8:23 pm

I didn’t think I’d like them as much as I do, and I was worried about the prospect of custom charges but I still think they are worth it. Highlighters next for me! xx

5. Robyn
    June 25, 2017 / 7:52 pm

I love nude matte liquid lipsticks and these are such beautiful shades! I love the review you have given and your photography is beautiful!
    Robyn // http://www.midnightandlace.co.uk/

June 25, 2017 / 8:21 pm

Thank you! I love matte lipsticks too, but I actually find Colourpop’s Satin lip colours to look just as matte but way more comfortable. xx

June 25, 2017 / 8:20 pm

Thank you! yes do it! I have been completely converted to Colourpop cosmetics. I’d definitely recommend picking a few things all at once so the shipping costs are worth it, or in my case I managed to buy these when they had free international shipping on offer. xx

6. June 25, 2017 / 7:55 pm

Love strip the most, what a lovely shade and I’m in love with colourpops cosmetics! Got my second of their matte lipsticks the other day in Lovebug I think it is and I can’t stop wearing it!

Will definitely be looking into trying the eyeshadows next!
    With Love Yossy x

June 25, 2017 / 8:18 pm

I think Strip is my favourite too. Not too pink or beige. Omg I have just looked at Love Bug, a rich mahogany sounds right up my street! Definitely will be purchasing that next time. xx

7. June 25, 2017 / 8:52 pm

Love all these colours! I really need to place an order soon!!x

June 25, 2017 / 9:44 pm

Do it, do it! It’s definitely worth it. xx

8. Luisa
    June 30, 2017 / 11:03 am

Loved every single purchase!! And writing them down bc those lip shades are beautiful .. Ps.. You have amazing lips!! 👄

June 30, 2017 / 2:40 pm

I am obsessed with this lipstick bundle. Strip is definitely my favourite, but I still need all three as they are just lovely colours and finishes! Haha, aw thank you ☺️💋

9. July 2, 2017 / 2:20 pm

I love Colourpop so much! Love every single product I have got from them, although my last order a couple of the lipstick wands looked fuzzed out and I emailed customer service and they were amazing! Sent me replacements right away. Great customer service and you can t beat the price for the products.

July 3, 2017 / 8:10 am

I love it when makeup brands actually care about their customers, and Colourpop obviously do! They are an amazing brand, and as soon as I have more money I want to place another order for sure. xx